We hope that you have some images of your own that you have requested from the Liverpool Telescope, but if you haven't you will find a link to some example files below.
1. Log in to your NSO account and go to the My Observations page.
2. Click on the observation code (left column) for any of your observations that have the status "Read to Download".
3. The next page will give you some information about your observation, and a link to go to the page where you can download your image. Click on this link. (The image displayed on this page is not your observation, but an archive image of this astronomical object.)
4. At the bottom of the page you will see a link "FITS File", use this link to download your file to your computer.
5. Using LTImage, and the help below, process your image and save it as a JPEG file.
Using LTImage to Process FITS files
To make it easier for you to follow the steps in processing your FITS files, we have created a screencast showing how you can do this.
View the Video Screencast Now
If you are using a tablet device without a Flash Player, please use the link below.
MP4 Video Screencast File
Please Note: the screencast shows the final image being saved as a BMP (bitmap) file. The current version of LTImage also allows files to be saved as JPEGs and this may be preferable for some uses of the images, such as on websites. JPEG images use compression to make the file size smaller, if you want to ensure you have the highest quality images, please use the BMP option.